DIRECTV GEMINI™ Air
DIRECTV’s most advanced internet-powered dongle receiver
Small and Fast with Incredible Features
The DIRECTV Gemini Air delivers video and integrated content to your TV over the internet. It enables you to watch videos, listen to music, use thousands of third-party apps, and play games—all on your TV.
The Gemini Air is used on its own as a standalone device (one per TV) so you don’t need any other devices. It comes with a voice remote, so you can talk to Google Assitant to control your TV and more using your voice. You can also get all the top apps and games on Google Play*
*Google Account required to access Google Play Store, Google Assistant, and Google Photos. Third party apps require separate subscriptions/login to access their content.
How to get started
Here’s what you’ll need to get started with your Gemini Air:
- Your DIRECTV user ID and password.
- Your home wi-fi ID and password.
- An HD and 4K TV with HDMI 2.1 & 1.4, HDCP 2.3, 60 Hz and capable of 4K, 1080p and 3D.
- High-speed internet connection.
- Optional: You can sign in with your Google account to use your voice to search for entertainment, control your TV, open apps, and more.
How to get connected
- Take your Gemini Air, power supply, and remote out of the box.
- Plug the Gemini Air’s attached HDMI cable into your TV.
- Plug the power supply into the Gemini Air and plug the other end into an electrical outlet.
- Turn on your TV and switch to the proper HDMI input, using your TV’s remote.
- Gently remove the slip from the Gemini Air remote control.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to continue setup. This includes accepting terms and conditions, remote pairing, and software updates. It can take several minutes to complete.
Now take control
Key features of the Gemini Air remote control:
- RF mode eliminates the need for the remote and the paired devices to be in line of sight to each other.
- The Remote Control has a directional pad. Basic operations and functions can be made by pressing the direction, then pressing ok.
- Once paired, you can also press the Google Assistant button on to control your TV using your voice.
Gemini Air remote tips & tricks
Here are a few handy tips to help you get the most out of your Gemini Air remote.
- Press and hold the OK button to activate SPORTS MODE—to access all live sporting events and up-to-the-minute stats.
- Press FF (>>) twice to skip ahead 15 seconds.
- Press Record (•) twice to record the series you’re currently watching.
- Use the microphone button for the Google Assistant to search for shows, change channels or volume, and much more.
DIRECTV Gemini Air Features
- Works with a Genie DVR for satellite
- Ethernet and Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
- 4K HDR over HDMI output
- Familiar Genie client experince
- Bluetooth remote
- (Also works with DIRECTV remote in IR)
- Accepts Chromecast requests
- Live TV & apps together – Access to apps like Netflix, Prime Video, and Max in the same place as live channels
- Wireless 4K – Gemini Air connects wirelessly to deliver 4K picture to compatible TVs via apps you love
- Integrated voice remote – Simply use the voice command to change channels, Google search, and find streaming content or live TV
- 72-Hour lookback feature – Missed your favorite live TV? Watch shows that have aired in the last 3 days from select channels
*This is a Genie client, not a receiver, and it will not work without a Genie present.
Gemini Air Features: Satellite(Genie) vs Internet(Gemini Air)
|Via Satellite(Genie)||Via Internet(Gemini Air)|
|DVR Hours||Up to 200 HD Hours||Unlimited|
|DVR Storage & Playback||On Device||Cloud-Based|
|DVR Expiration||Does not expire||Up to 9 months|
|DVR Series Recordings||Yes||Yes, up to 30 episodes per series|
|Installation||Standard pro installation included||Fast & easy self-install|
|Picture quality||Stunning 4K picture available*||Access to 4K picture quality on apps, where available|
|Guide||Full-screen channel guide||Interactive guide with visual previews|
|Voice Commands for Live TV||Yes, via Google Assistant||Yes, via Google Assistant|
|On-the-go mobile viewing||Yes, with the DIRECTV App||Yes, with the DIRECTV App|
DIRECTV Gemini Air Specifications
Size and Weight (not including feet)
- Height: 15 mm
- Width: 48 mm
- Depth: 95 mm – NOTE: Depth with HDMI cable is 181.2 mm
- Weight: 66 g
- EPS21R0-500 External PSU
- AC External PSU -100-240v~50/60 HZ, 7.65W
- Input: 5.0V DC 1.5A
- Active Power Consumption below 7.5W
- 4GB DDR Memory
- 32 bit LPDDR4 Interface
- 16GB eMMC
XMP2 Ports and Interfaces
- OTT Mode – 802.11ac 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz Wi-Fi
- USB Type C port for Power Input
- HDMI 2.1 & 1.4 / HDCP 2.3
- SoC – Broadcom BCM72181
- CPU – Quad-core 2.6 GHz
- GPU – Broadcom VideoCore 6
- RAM – 4GB
- Storage – 16GB
- Android TV – 11
- DRM – Widevine L1
- Video Codecs – AV1, VP9, H.264, H.265 (HEVC)
- Features – Chromecast built-in, Google Assistant, Dolby Vision
- Certifications – Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, FCC
Video and Audio Formats
- Dolby Audio
- MPEG-4 AVC Single or Dual Display up to
1080i60/1080p30 or UHD/4K
- HEVC / VP9 Display
- HDR10 SMPTE ST 2084, ST 2086 Blu-ray Standard
and HLG Support
- Compatible with HD and 4K TVs with HDMI 2.1 &
1.4, HDCP 2.3, 60 Hz and capable of 4K, 1080p and
- Model – Dongle (Gemini Air)
- Year – 2023
- Broadcast – OTT
- Country – USA
- Manufacturer – Humax
- Code name – P21KW-500 / p21kw500 / Osprey Pendant / Gemini Air
- Compatible with – Netflix, Prime Video, Google Store