DIRECTV vs DIRECTV Stream
Listed below are the MAJOR differences between the two products.
- Does NOT require internet service
- REQUIRES a technician to install the service
- Requires a satellite dish
- Does NOT have integrated apps (ie Netflix, Youtube, Pandora)
- Carries NFL Sunday Ticket and all other major seasonal sports packages.
- Requires a soft credit check
- Locals are available in every market
- Service will NOT go out if your internet goes out.
- Has NO voice remote control
- Has LOCAL storage DVR service (500 Hours)
- 2 year agreement required
- REQUIRES internet service
- Does NOT require a technician to install (is mailed as a self install kit ONLY)
- Does NOT require a satellite dish
- DOES have integrated apps (ie Netflix, Pandora) – you would still have to pay for these individual services (optional)
- No seasonal sports packages
- Does NOT require a soft credit check (this may change at a later date)
- Locals may NOT be available in every market. (this is still slowly rolling out)
- Service WILL go out if your internet goes out.
- Has voice remote control
- Has UNLIMITED Cloud DVR Storage
- No annual contracts
Both services require a one time activation fee and credit card on file.
Choose DIRECTV Satellite: If you are are NOT tech savvy, do not want to install your own equipment, love seasonal sports packages, have no internet or slow internet or live in a rural area.
Choose DIRECTV Stream: If you are are tech savvy, wouldn’t mind self installing your own equipment, already have fast internet, and would like to have integrated streaming apps.