DIRECTV has 6 different Tiered packages to choose from:
- Select — $64.99/mo
- Entertainment — $69.99/mo
- Choice — $74.99/mo
- Xtra — $84.99/mo
- Ultimate — $89.99/mo
- Premier — $139.99/mo
Are these promotional prices?
Yes. The above pricing is for new customers and lasts for 12 months. The regular monthly pricing is as follows:
- Select — $81/mo
- Entertainment — $93/mo
- Choice — $110/mo
- Xtra — $124/mo
- Ultimate — $135/mo
- Premier — $189/mo
Are there any additional or hidden costs?
- DIRECTV offers the 1st box fee for free. Each additional TV after is an extra $7 per month.
- The HD DVR fee or Genie Fee is also included in the above pricing, regardless of how many TVs.
- In certain markets on Choice package and above their may be a regional sports fee assessed. This generally runs under $8/mo.
- If ordering a wireless Genie system, you will be charged a one time $99 fee plus tax.
- If ordering more than 4 TVs, each additional receiver costs $99 plus tax. (the first 4 receivers are included for free)
- DIRECTV may have an installation or processing fees depending are your qualifying region. This can range anywhere from $20 to $100. (one time fee)
So which DIRECTV package should you choose?
- Select is a good choice for the basic TV watcher who doesn’t care about sports.
- Entertainment is a good choice if the only sports channels you watch are ESPN or ESPN2.
- Choice is a good choice if you want more sports, news channels, and additional programming.
- Xtra is a good choice if you want every channel their is to offer minus the premium movie channels.
- Ultimate is a good choice if you want everything in Xtra PLUS the Encore movie channels.
- Premier is a good choice if you want the whole 9 yards offering everything we have plus all the HBO, Showtime, Cinemaz and Starz/Encore channels. It also includes the regional sports package.